You think you know the Woodlot? Mr. Woodlot knows the Woodlot.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Quick HIt Ressurected.......Sort of.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Dean and I had planned on meeting at the Woodlot at around 5pmish to go up and do some work on Quick Hit. It was the first trail Dean built, but recently it had been logged and the trail was totally covered and un-ridable. Dean had cleared some stuff earlier but not the entire trail.

As I said, it was a beautiful day so I left work a little early. Well, a lot early. ;-) I got there around 2:15 and headed up. I went in at the top of Quick Hit and rode it slowly to see what we have to do. There is a lot of work to be done. None can be done, with the exception of some woodwork and clearing, until it rains. The dirt up there is too dry for any dirtwork. When I got there I decided to start doing some clearing on the lower part of the trail. It turned out to be a bit of a chore but it has to be done.

Dean arrived at around 5:15. Many hands make light work and aside from a few big trees across the trail, we got it all cleared up. One more evening with a chainsaw, and she'll be ridable.

When we were done we decided to push up to Tsuga and ride it, Snakes and Ladders and Shotgun. I normally hate Tsuga, but last tonight I enjoyed it a little more than usual. I even rode the first rock face for the first time. Don't know what took me so long. It was easy.

We blasted down to Snakes. We flew down to the wooden berm and stopped for a second. It is so dry up there right now, I couldn't ride closely behind Dean. The dust he was kicking up was brutal and blinding me. We hit the new jump section and I have to say, we do some fine work. Big jump, to lip, to berm, to gap, to roller, to berm, to gap, to berm, to berm. Very fast. Very nice. We stopped and gabbed about how sweet it was and thought about heading up to do it again. We just kept going however and blasted to the bottom. I love Snakes.

Shotgun was the usual hoot. The upper part of it is so dialed right now. Such a fun ride. They have been working on gettng the bottom dialed up as well and it's running pretty wicked right now.

Down to the parking lot and headed for home. Another good productive night at the Woodlot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home