You think you know the Woodlot? Mr. Woodlot knows the Woodlot.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Sick Day

Today (October 15th) I was sick. So Tim and I decided to head up to the Woodlot and hit the trails for a cruise. Now, there is active logging at the Woodlot these days so in order to get up the hill you need to push up the trails. At the bottom there is only one choice; Hoots. So up Hoots we go. It is a pretty easy climb until you get to the clearcut. In there it is more annoying than tough but whatever. At the top of Hoots there are several choices. On this day we chose Lower Toadstool. Bad choice. It is steep in a few spots and VERY tough to push a 50lbs bike up.

On the way up we were chatting about where to go. I hadn't hit Platinum in a while so we decided on it, Giant Killer, Hoots, and Shotgun.

We got to the top and suited up. Tim is a very good rider so Platinum is a blast for him. Me? I'm advanced but not Platinum advanced. Away we go. Tim was on fire. He had an all around great run down Platinum. I did Ok. I hit one of the gaps lower down the trail and was rather impressed with myself. I've just started to hit gaps so this is/was a big step. A Platinum gap. Wow!

On the connector trail from Platinum to Giant Killer (it's called Stovetop) we ran in to Rich and Cory. It's the first time I met Rich and he isn't that bad of a guy. He coined my new nickname which I rather like. I'll need to buy him a pint for that one of these days.

On to Giant Killer. I'm really liking GK these days. It is a turning out to be a fun flowy trail. There is a drop on it about halfway down that I really want to hit. It is about 4ft. On this day, I just rode by. Down the trail, over the teeter, down a few rolldowns and out to the top of Hoots.

I'm rediscovering my love for Hoots these days. I think it is because I am getting better as a rider and can do almost everything on the trail.

Shotgun was Shotgun and we ended the day.

Tim and I had a Coke in the parking area and then headed on our way. I guess I should get home and take some cold medication for this nasty cold that I have. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home