You think you know the Woodlot? Mr. Woodlot knows the Woodlot.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Tonight, we ride.

Mr. Woodlot's first night ride couldn't come on a finer evening. The Boston Red Sox are in the midst of securing their first World Series championship since 1918. There is a total Lunar Eclipse, and Dean has some new lights for me to use. Life is grand.

Up we go. Slow go in the dark. Seeing as how the full moon was being blocked out by the earths shadow, Dean had to use one of his lights the whole way up. Earlier I said that the push up Hoots was annoying. Try it in the dark. Instead of Lower Toadstool again, Dean and I pushed up Giant Killer. Not too difficult, but again, annoying. I have been cleansing and fasting for the last couple of days too so my energy levels were WAY down. This push was much tougher than it should have been. Then out to the road and up to the top of Blood Donor.

So we suit up, allign the lights and away we go.

The lights light up the trail quite well so it is a lot like riding in the day. Dean is an experienced night rider so he was quite a ways a head of me. As I said, my energy was way down so I was really rather slow. We got to one of the ladder sections that I have ridden probably 100 times. I got up the first little rise, and oops! My tire wavers and falls off the ladder. Away I go. It's only about 5ft to the ground, but any fall sucks. Luckily it didn't hurt. I jumped back on and decided to try again. Too tired. Didn't make it up the rise so I had to push. From this point on I kind of just coasted down the trails. I didn't do many of the stunts, but I seriously enjoyed my first night ride, and I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks to Dean for fixxng me up with lights and dragging me out tonight. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home