You think you know the Woodlot? Mr. Woodlot knows the Woodlot.

Monday, December 13, 2004

31 Days.

That's how long it's been since I last rode. Can you believe it?

Today I hit, you guessed it, the Woodlot. I started up around 1:45pm. I managed to ride all the way to where the trail starts to get really rocky. It felt great. Mr. Woodlot is in probably the best shape of his life right now. So from there I pushed up to Blood Donor. I had a good quick rip down it and love the new work that the Woodlot builders have done at the top. I avoided the gaps today though. I was riding alone and haven't been on my bike for a month. Better to be safe than sorry.

Giant Killer was next. It's always fun for a good quick ride. No matter what they do to the other trails GK is and probably always will be one of my favorites on the mountain. Again, I avoided the drops and jumps that I normally do.

At the bottom I decided that I would head over to Snakes instead of going down Hoots. So over I went. On the way up, I was pretty discouraged to see SIX dirt bikes coming down. Definitely not a good thing for the Woodlot. They were all pretty nice in getting out of the way and saying hello, so I didn't rip into them.

I got to Snakes and headed down. Bruiser, my faithfull lab, was with me today. By the time we got to Snakes though, he was prety tired. I cruised down Snakes nice and easy. I actually didn't even hit the Snakes jump. Something I've hit a hundred times. Down I went. I hit the log ride and then down the rolldown to the first rock face. I actually flew through this section for the first time ever. It was uber smoothe. It felt great to actually do something so smoothe that I have never done before. I stopped at the bottom, looked up and let out a "Woooohoooo!" Very nice. So I cruised down the rest and headed down the skidder to the car.

All in all, it was a pretty fun ride, and it was great to be back on my bike. This will likely be my last entry until the New Year. So on that note, Happy Holidays to all of my faithful readers! (rolling eyes here)

Mr. Woodlot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home