You think you know the Woodlot? Mr. Woodlot knows the Woodlot.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Friday, April 08, 2005. The last time I ever ride Cypress

It's Friday. We're having a garage sale tomorrow. Why do I mention this? Because I'd rather be at home getting ready for it than riding Cypress. How gay is that?

We got there at around 5pm. Chris and I were the first there so we got ready slowly and waited for Dean and Mike. Once everyone was there we headed up for our first of what would be two shuttles. Mike is the resident Cypress guru so he was in charge of the trail selection. He should have researched a bit more. We couldn't find the trailhead at the start and did a lot of seaching around. We finally found it and the ass kicking of Mr. Woodlot began. I don't know what trails we were on but they were steep, rooty, rocky, and deadly. I got the snot kicked out of me. Dean and Mike seemed to have fun, but me? Nope. I've always said a bad day riding is better than a good day working. That theory was put to the test tonight. As we neared the bottom of our first run we came to a simple ladder roll down. This thing wasn't very steep and the ladder was HUGE. I couldn't even hit it. My confidence at the time was absolutely shot. I stood atop the stunt I would eventually walk around and I shouted at Mike "See what you have done to me?!?!" Of course it wasn't him, but someone had to take the brunt of my frustration.

Our second run was much better. We hit the Roaches and Cherry Bomb. Trails I am familiar with. It was a much funner blast down these. Much better time. The lower section of this before the road is a blast.

We all chatted a bit at the cars and Dean headed home. Mike Chris and I went for a quick pint. Then home for me to do what I should have done in the first place. Get ready for the garage sale.

Last time I ride Cypress until the bike park opens. Count on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home