You think you know the Woodlot? Mr. Woodlot knows the Woodlot.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Team Pagan. Ohhhhhhh, scary.

It's May. It's daylight savings time. That can only mean one thing. After work rides at the Woodlot.

Dean and I hit it today. We hooked up at around 5pm and decided that we would head all the way up to try to find a new trail we had heard about. It was a mellow push up, with a lot conversation. Dean and I did a lot of chatting on this day.

We eventually found this "new" trail after a little searching around. We geared up and hit it. It really was quite fun. There are a few little drops sort of notched out of the trail as it used to be a dirt bike trail. There is some potential for some pretty cool stuff up there. The other builders have been working on it and there are a couple of nice bridges at the end. It would appear they are working from the bottom up. Aside from a minor mishap at the bottom, I'd say this trail is pretty sweet.

After this trail we headed over to Goldmine. There was a time when Dean would have to wait soooo long for me it isn't even funny. Not anymore. I've gotten quite a bit better and on this ride I was starting to show it. We ripped Goldmine pretty good and got to Snakes. Obviously we both love Snakes. We headed on down. Dean veared to the right to hit the rock drop. I stayed left on the main trail. We crusied down to the corner before the Snakes jump. Stopped and chatted for a bit. We took off and ripped the Snakes jump and the new section of hits. Four all together. The new gap built over the old line is sweet. I almost killed myself on it the first time I hit it, but I've done it succesfully three times now. So fun. We stopped at the end of the new section, discussed some future building options and decided to go back up and hit it again. Good times. Down the jumps, down the log ride, down the first rock face, and to the next one. I stopped at the top and tried to decide which line to take. The usual "valley" line, the steep rock face line or the squid line. After some encouragement from Dean"do it bitch" I hit the steep rock face line. Felt good. Off we went down the rolldown to the lower section that Tim had buffed the day previous. Um, it was fast. Real fast.

After this we chatted a bit at the bottom and headed over to Shotgun. Tim and Dean usually play a little cat and mouse type thing here. Tonight, it was my turn. We flew into Shotgun narrowly missing two young kids with there dog. Around the corner, over the two drops, across a bridge and over a newly worked jump. Big air, and guess what. I am not far behind Dean at all. He senses me though and starts to pull away. At a corner where he always loses Tim, he lost me. Bastard. I tried to follow his line to keep up, but I washed out and he got away from me. We stopped at the logging road and chatted for a few minutes huge smiles on our face. What a rip. We headed on down the rest of the trail to the cars. Had a beer and headed home.

There are reasons I ride. Cypress isn't one of them, but today was. It was awsome. It has me hungry for more. Can't wait for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home